WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

11 Tips for Supporting Parents of Children With Feeding Issues

It's unknown how many children have pediatric feeding disorders and issues, but there are more than most people realize.  Just a few of the many reasons for a child's inability to eat are GERD,  aspiration, allergies, motility issues, etc.  The list is extensive (you can see a partial list here) and sometimes a child never actually gets a diagnosis.

Parents of little ones with feeding issues face a lot of challenges and often feel misunderstood and like they don't have support.  I've put together a list of ways you can support a parent of a child with feeding issues.       



You can read an updated version of this post here on my new blog, Sunshine and Spoons! I hope to see you there!



Thank you for stopping by my blog! I appreciate each of my readers and would love to connect with you on Facebook and Instagram!


3 comments:

  1. I tell you you're strong because I want you to know someone believes in you, even when you don't. Strong people fall apart because they're winning a war others can't fathom fighting. Big hugs girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what kind of jerk would think tube feeding is lazy. Hang in there hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I haven't had anyone tell me that, but I know quite a few other tube-feeding mommas who have, most by family members. It's sad that the people who should be the most supportive are often the ones who aren't.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...