WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baby #4 - 40 Weeks

How Far along: 40 weeks and full term!

Bad picture, but you get the idea of the size of my stomach!


Baby's Size:  Full size and ready to be born!  The last two appointments I've had, I've been measuring big.

Sleep: I've given up sleeping in my bed and sleep on the recliner now.  It's so much more comfortable, and I'm able to sleep through most of the night there.


Movement?: Yes, but not so much anymore because baby is running out of room!  I love feeling a little foot or elbow pushing against my stomach and being able to push back.  I'm probably annoying this kid like crazy...

Food Cravings: Nothing too serious right now. 



Gender: It's more than likely a boy.  But until I see the proof myself after the baby's born, I'm not going to say that with 100% confidence. 

Labor Signs: In the last few days, the frequent contractions I've been having for the last few weeks have gotten much stronger and more frequent.

Symptoms: My hips and my back...I seriously can't walk or carry anything (or anyone!) without being in a lot of pain right now.  I'm definitely not going to hold out for 42 weeks before being induced this time because the pain is awful.  My doctor told me to take it easy and not move around too much which is great advice except that I have three young kids including a 17 month old who still needs to be carried a lot.        

Mood Most Of The Time: It changes from minute to minute.  At this point I'm sick of all the questions and I'm in so much pain from my hips and back that I'm pretty irritable.  Right now, the thought of living like this for another week or two is an unbearable thought so I'm just focusing on getting through one day at a time.   

Looking Forward To: Going into labor!!!  I'm reallllllllly hoping I go into labor naturally like I did with Little Man instead of having to be induced again.  In my experience, inductions are much harder labors. 

Miscellaneous: I have the hospital bag packed except for the last minute stuff (medicine, pillow for Hubby, etc) which is written down on a list sitting on top of the bag so I remember to throw it in before we leave.  I also packed most of the kids' stuff for when they stay at my in-laws.  Because they don't have enough clothes in their closets to pack for 3-5 days while still having enough left to wear until then, I wasn't able to finish completely, but at least I have some of it done.  


  

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting excited for you. I've never understood giving advice to "rest" to anyone with children under 3. However, I do hope you manage some rest in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...