WE'VE MOVED!! You can now find us at Sunshine and Spoons!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Random Monday-December 2, 2013

Little Man was mad at me for something this morning so he said the worst thing he could think of: "Mommy, I'm mad at you so I'm going to dust the living room!" And he went to get a rag and dusted the living room. I need to make him mad more often.

Last Wednesday, I made a pumpkin pie and put it in the oven while the kids were "taking naps".  The pie was done baking after they got up so Princess saw me take it out of the oven.  She was so amazed that a pie had somehow appeared in our oven that I just kind of rolled with it and ended up convincing her that if you put an empty pie tin in the oven, a pie will magically grow inside of it.  Kids are so much fun :)

We spent Thanksgiving at my in-laws.  I brought the turkey, green bean casserole, rolls, and pumpkin pie and my mother-in-law made the rest.  It was just us, my in-laws, and Hubby's grandma so it was a small gathering, but nice. 

I'm trying to get in the Christmas spirit, but it's just not happening.  Usually, I would be dying to decorate the house for Christmas, but this year, I'm seriously considering throwing up the stockings and a string of lights and calling it good enough.  I will officially be in my third trimester tomorrow and that made me realize that I will be having a baby in 3 months.  A baby that we literally have nowhere to put.  Because Star is such a light sleeper, I can't put her in the kids' bedroom with the older two so she's still sleeping in our room in a pack n' play.  Because she's such a light sleeper, she and the baby can't be in the same room either.  My sewing supplies for my businesses take up a lot of room, and so we're already packed in here like sardines.  I really thought we were going to have our own home by now, but there are only 2 options for us buy thanks to The Farm.  One of the options is $80,000 out of our price range and the other...let's just say that it's a very complicated situation.  This whole process has been painful, depressing, and hard on our family.            

Despite my "bah humbug" attitude, I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping.  I just need to order photo books for the grandparents when I order my Christmas cards and then I'll be finished.  I usually try to get a picture of the kids in their Christmas outfits for our card, but seeing how I'm still waiting for the last thing to arrive in the mail so I can make their outfits, I don't think that's going to happen this year.  Our first Christmas celebration is in less than 2 weeks so I kind of need to order the cards and photo books...2 weeks ago to ensure delivery on time.  Maybe I should just size the Christmas outfits up so I can be ready in time next year :) 

  

2 comments:

  1. You didn't ask my opinion ;-), but I say if you aren't in the mood to decorate, don't decorate. Christmas will still go on and still be happy...and you will feel happier, too, if you don't stress yourself out. Merry Christmas to all of you and I'm praying your housing situation is settled soon. We planned to buy a house when we were expecting our fifth, but it did not work out. We had 4 kids in one small bedroom and the new baby in our bedroom. We were so thrilled to finally purchase a house 8 months later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the kids don't ask about a tree, I don't think I'll put it up :) It's just so much work and we don't have anywhere to put it this year since I recently had to bring home everything I was storing at my sister's house. It's good to hear that you survived a housing situation similar to ours as that means that I'll probably survive this one as well :) I've been really trying to be optimistic about it, but then all of our plans fell through and it's been hard to handle.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I read and appreciate every one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...